TraveLog is a toolbox that helps casual travelers organize itineraries, keep track of time zones and currency rates, provide departure reminders and to keep track of shared expenses among friends travelling together. It includes a database of over 2000 cities / airports worldwide, complete with time zones and currency codes.
Designed for and runs on the Sharp Zaurus 5500 PDA (and quite likely on later models as well). Previously on sale at handango.com, now available for free.
Download here: travelog_2.0.1_arm.ipk
- Location-aware. Clocks, stored notes and currency converter are instantly displayed and set up according to your location during a trip.
- Integrated for minimal data entry - add an expense record for a day you are in Canada and canadian dollars will be used by default.
Travel management features includes:
- Display itineraries in compact, travelagent-style overview format, or easy to read detailed view per stop-over.
- Support for several modes of transportation (flights, trains, buses, ferries/ships and cars) with separate icons.
- Display local times for home, current location and next destination simultaneously.
Quick conversion between currency rates.
- Notes for each location editable directly in overview - handy for hotel addresses or other local information.
- Buzzer/led blinking alarm with adjustable time before each departure.
Expense reporting features includes:
- Overview diplays expenses per day or for the entire trip.
- Foreign currency codes, with different rates over time.
- Separate expenses per person.
- Expense codes separate expenses into meals, hotel costs etc.
- Notes attached to each expense record.
- Retroactively change the currency rate used in all expense records for current trip.
- Summary view displays total expense amounts per person and per expense code converted into home currency.